Log 3: Survival Plans

Monday, February 8, 2010

Warning Sign: 

Just briefly these are some of the things you want to keep your ears perked for in the media. They are hidden clues to the rising of the undead
  •  coverage of viral or bacterial infections, quarantine alerts, and other atypical health warnings
  • increasing rabies infections
  • random violence or rioting by large groups
The Plan Breakdown
Everyone needs a plan for Z-day and it could be the difference between life and undeath. The internet is littered with plans devoted to this cause. The Zombie Survival and Defense Wiki has one of the best breakdowns I have seen. It takes four steps:
  • Bugging In –How will you build, fortify, stock and defend your shelter?
  • Bugging Out – Where to go when you can no longer bug in and how you plan to fight your way there.
  • Digging In - At your Bug Out location, how will you survive?
  • Living - How will your survive for the rest of the apocalypse?
Tune in next week for a link to my completed plan. 


Homework: Create your very own survival plan. Need a hand? Check out the Zombie Survival Wikifor the template I used for an even better breakdown. I highly suggest joining the group.

Next Week: Beginning to bug in. 

*new link Midnight Podcast awesome online resource in everything zombie

6 comments:

Dan Turchenko said...

me? i'd go to big cottonwood canyon and hole up in one of the Brighton chalets. Far enough out of the way, yet still close to the road for scavenging forays into the valley. Plus those houses are built thick, so zombies will have a hard time breaking in.

Kelsey said...

Tooele....the best place to go is Tooele!

Dan Turchenko said...

amazon understands:

http://i.imgur.com/CeEcZ.jpg

juniorkickstart said...

Like. Ever read World War Z? Good book!!!

Shotgun Shell said...

You can come with me Kelsey, in fact I have penciled you in on my survivor list. Dan has right idea! Thick walls are crucial especially when the zombies get more desperate for food.
I haven't read World War Z, but I am going to! You can't have too much information.

Kelsey said...

Penciled? You will be the first one I sacrifice.